4.23.2015

Beware of bastard friends. As if the one in my last post wasn't enough, I've had to break up with another friend. This girl, Lola and I were friends for most of Uni. I met her on the same day I met my ex; the only serious relationship I had in Uni; which lasted 3 years. It was one of those club parties, and I had gone with another friend. I met the ex, Tony and we instantly kicked it off. That same night, Tony's friend had come to the party with Lola.


At the end of the night, Tony offered to drop me off [I didn't drive; as I went with my friend but she decided to leave the party early while I was having way too much fun with Tony]. His friend then asked if he could drop Lola off as well, since Lola lived just two streets from Tony. Obviously, they dropped me off first. And then he went to drop Lola. I kept calling that night to find out if he ever made it back in one piece, but he never answered until the next morning. He said he fell asleep.


Tony and I eventually bloomed into a full, overly intimate relationship and I definitely felt like I was the luckiest girl in the world. But then, him and Lola used to talk a lot. I remember jokingly asking him why he was talking to much to his friend's babe just from dropping her at home one night. Then this Lola babe started sending him  cryptic facebook messages. I didn't think too much of it. As he said, she's just one of those crazy girls.


One year into our relationship however, me and Lola's paths would cross again and we soon became buddies. Since then, we've been very good friends. She was even one of the names on my list of Bridesmaids, were I to ever have a regular wedding. I didn't. But you obviously already know why. My wedding took place in my parents' living room. Lol.


Now, Tony adds me on instagram these many years later and asks for my number, that we should catch up. I can't lie. He was the one great love of my life. And there's no excitement in my life these days, so I decided to catch up with him. That's how he started this whole story about wanting a fresh slate upon which to build a friendship. He now started coming clean about how he'd wronged me while we were dating and he confessed that he and Lola had apparently been having something for the entire duration of our relationship.


Imagine that? My advise sha, is to keep your lover and your friends very far apart. Yes, you trust your friends. But abeg, don't test them. Just keep them all far apart. I don't know how anyone would open their legs for their friend's man.


But then again, maybe I do. Story for another day.

No comments: